Spring semester classes are offered on: Wed. 1:30 pm. or Thurs. 11:30 am. at Explorations V Childrens Museum in Lakeland. Sessions are 45 min. a week for 15 weeks. Students attend independently for 30 minutes, then parents join for the last 15 min. Each day is an imaginative journey filled with music, movement, and exploration leading to whole child development, music development, and learning through play and self-discovery.
“Toys I Make, Trips I Take” introduces the musical environment of a remarkable toy shop, with our imaginary friend, a very creative toy maker. Students help “build” the toys, “BE” the toys, and expand on where each toy can take a child and their imagination. We fill this magical toy shop with classic toys such as boats, trains, balls, jack-in-the-box and many others that bring a glimmer into a child’s eyes.
As in each Imagine That class, this semester is focused on creating a stimulating musical environment that integrates music, pretend play, story telling, movement, and more. Included in this semester’s materials is a high quality drum that your child will enjoy, and this drum allows us to focus on exploring the different timbres of sound one can make, as well as developing a strong steady beat, and being introduced to rhythmic patterns.Materials include:
– 2 CDs of high quality music featuring a variety of voices, instruments, and styles
– 2 Children’s literature books with interesting characters, story lines, and word plays
- “Tippity Tippity Too” – a wonderful rhyming wordplay book, about a mouse that is determined to find out the name of all the stuffed animal characters in the house. You’ll find yourselves asking everything “Who are YOU?” and trying to make rhymes!
- “If I Had a Big Blue Boat” – a beautiful open ended book that launches us into our imaginations of where we might go, and what we might do, in our big blue boat. Each page plays around with sounds so marvalously, children are drawn to add these fun sound effects, thereby developing their speech and articulation skills.
– A Home Activity Book which includes the words & melodies of the songs, as well as “homework” assignments after each class to help bring the learning home
– A Toy Shop Play Set – in this set is a durable Toy Shop scenario, with punch out toys, as well as a stuffed bear with interchangeable clothes, to act out the songs, stories, and activities featured in class.
– an instrument – a durable purple wooden bodied DRUM, with a high quality drum head, perfect for playing with hands.
– Each Imagine That! student also recieves a turquoise Kindermusik backpack to carry their instruments and projects back and forth to class.