Chug along, Sing a Song, and make some NOISE ! GO on a REAL train ride pulled by a REAL Steam Engine in Central Florida. The Our Time classes are having so much fun with TRAINS in class and at home. I just thought I’d share some opportunties for REAL EXPERIENCES in our area. If you know of more, please SHARE with us through your comments.
Florida Railroad Museum – in Parrish, FL – about an hour Southwest of Lakeland
- Train rides available on Saturday and Sunday throughout the day.
- Regular Fares: Adults = $16 Children = $12
- Look under TICKETS and SPECIAL EVENTS to see the extra special opportunities like the:
- Cotton Tail Express – 2 ½ trip includes Easter Egg Hunt and activities – on Sat. April 3
- Day Out with Thomas – 25 min. ride & Thomas FUN – April 10, 11, 17, 18 $ 15 – 20
– in Eustis, FL –
about an hour and a half
North of Lakeland
- Train Rides available Wed. through Sunday throughout the day.
- Regular fares: Adults = $14 Children = $8 Seniors = $12
- Look under DINING for opportunities to enjoy chef prepared meals in the dining car !
- Look under EXCURSIONS for special events like:
- Shootout at the OK Corral – train ride and a show
- Magic Express – ride to the Amway Arena to see an Orlando Magic basketball game
Amtrak – in downtown Lakeland
- I tried to use their website to develop a round trip to someplace, and didn’t get any good options. It seems like a one way ticket to Orlando is $15. If anyone has experience and/or advice on using this option, PLEASE share it with us.
PLEASE SHARE if you know of some fun opportunities locally for children to GO, GO, GO !