Let’s make music together! Please come help us celebrate 20 years of Music Connections with families in Lakeland and surrounding Polk County. YOUR family is invited, whether you have ever been part of our Kindermusik community, are currently a part of our family, or if your family is interested in letting music enrich your lives. ALL are welcome, children of all ages, including Grandparents. At heart, we all enjoy making music together, and age matters not.
My heart is so full just remembering over 20 years of friendships and musical love that have been shared since late 1999, when I started offering Kindermusik at Explorations V. (Who remembers in it’s previous location on Kentucky Ave. across from Palace Pizza?) And I just want to share the love with all of my Kindermusik friends, past, present, and future. Of course, I’d love for you to invite friends who might not know what they are missing.
Starting at 10:30 am., the large UMT Community Hall (connected to our Kindermusik room) will be open for your whole family to enjoy a variety of music activities. I learned a lot from my very first big event 2 years ago, and am excited about the unique structure, musicians, and interactive offerings we have in store this time.
There is no cost to participate, but there are a few things you can bring (see below).
We’ll have a table with a few snickety snacks and water available as we gather. This is after breakfast and before lunch, so we are not planning for a full meal. I’ll have some trays of easy fruits and veggies as a start. Please bring a snack or drinks to share if you can. This is not required, but would be appreciated so much.
There will be a few Music Exploration Centers for families to wander around and enjoy together:
– Music Centers with a variety of percussion instruments
– Baby Music Pit with safe instruments (& lots of wipes)
– Young Musicians instrument “Petting Zoo” will include more fragile instruments on the stage for supervised explorations. I have been collecting instruments for FAR MORE than 20 years, and I love to share.
– Homemade Instrument centers with materials needed to make and take
– Photo Opportunities – dress up in your best music wear and get photos taken in our photo-licious set.
- Non-slip socks or booties for children’s feet so they don’t slide on these slick tile floors.
- a Big Fluffy Blanket for your family to sit together on the floor.
- Non-spill cups labeled with names (to reduce spillage and waste)
- Snacks to Share (as long as it makes your heart happy to bring it)
You are in for some delightful interactive musical play, along with some delightful musicians & drummers who will create amazing connecting moments, as we play instruments, dance, and, for our finale… drumming with our DrumBeat friends.
Please Note: The best way to keep up with the progress and the unfolding plans, and to let me know you will be attending is by clicking through to our Facebook EVENT, where you can easily indicate your intentions, register for your free tickets, and get reminder notices… so you don’t miss it.
If not on FB, Your RSVP will allow you to get updates by email or text messages.
- Email: email@example.com
- Call or text: 863-606-8735
I am looking forward to seeing the names of those who will be attending. And even more excited to share all of this with you in our Jubilee. I truly hope you can be there and play music with me again.
Music for Celebrating Seasons
- One Saturday each month
- Register for one or more
9:30 – Babies up to 20 months
10:30 – Mixed ages: 1 – 5 years
This could be your first Kindermusik experience to enjoy together, or… This could become an anticipated monthly family ritual.