It is becoming increasingly clear that we must make emotional and social development a priority for both the academic and lifelong benefit of our children.
Learn to nurture and guide your child through music:
to develop a strong sense of self,
to be proud of the ability to control their actions,
and to interact well with others.
These are not skills that develop without guidance.
proactive, persistent, consistent guidance.
These are best taught through positive interactions with others.
Enroll in Kindermusik with Ms Debbie,
where opportunities abound to learn and practice these social – emotional skills,
both for children, and for the parents,
while developing a strong foundation for musical thinking,
and benefits to all areas of the brain, body and personality.
Sept – May
Tues, Wednesdays & Thursdays
@ KRaP Art Studios
Enroll NOW to save place in class !
Age Specific Core Curriculum for:
- Babies with Partner
- Toddlers & Twos with Partner
- Independent Preschoolers
- Young Musicians (5-7)
The best way to encourage the process for developing these skills is through weekly engagement in a structured setting with parent involvement, and through the continuation of these activities with loving guidance as part of the daily routines of family life.
Babies from infancy through 18 months, and Toddlers & Twos participate with a favorite partner, whether it be mom, dad, grandma or grandpa, in a 45 min. class, with delightful themes, music, instruments and all sorts of props Ms. Debbie brings in. This is a unique opportunity for parents to participate alongside, to build those emotional connections for security, and to help their child learn to be engaged fully in a structure learning environment.
Time tested units starting the first week of September:
Babies up to 17 months
- Do-Si-Do – DANCE & MOVE to learn… Cha-Cha, Tango, Waltz and more… We Got the Beat !!!
- Feathers – Celebrate Migrating birds & the FALL season, along with learning self-calming techniques.
- Infants under 4 months participate free with purchase of materials.
- Wed. 9:30 am & Thurs. 12:30 pm.
- Considering additional 12:30 pm. class on Tuesdays, connect with me if interested.
Toddlers & Twos (1.5 to 3.5 yrs)
- Wiggles & Giggles – Daily routines like bath time get a new sense of musical rhythm and style. “Pete & PJ” is a beloved Kindermusik book for generations of children. The growing abilities of this age group is explored, challenged and celebrated through the musical play
- Wed. 10:30 am & 11:30 am.
- Thurs. 9:30 & 10:30 am.
- NEW EVENING TIME: Thurs. 5:30 pm. (open to all ages)
This later, evening time was requested by teachers and working parents. I hope many of you will be joining us !
Using scarves through interactive play with music helps develop all these social and emotional skills through play. Enjoy this video from a fellow Kindermusik educator.
Preschool ages (3 – 5 years)
These young children get an opportunity to participate independently for just 30 minutes with their peers and Ms. Debbie, providing opportunities to develop confidence and comfort in their growing independent abilities, including musical (like ensemble skills), engagement in structured activities, and in whole child development. Parents and siblings join in and participate for the last 15 minutes, allowing them to connect with the themes presented and get introduced to the weekly assignment !
- “See What I Saw”, our first unit, has us embark on a variety of park related activities, such as playground play, sharing a picnic, nature discovery and more.
- Wed. 1:00 pm & Thurs. 11:30 am.
- Considering additional 3:00 pm. class on Tuesdays.
|Acting out our book about animals that live in trees.|
Young Musicians (5 – 7 years)
Children this age are ready for real music education, learning to use their growing skills and concepts to read, write, and play music on melodic instruments (glockenspiel, dulcimer, and recorder), and explore the wide world of music through music and games. Our first year class meets on Tues. 4:15 pm.
If you have a child this age, please read these articles:
Of course, we have some unique single event options for seasonal celebrations and community building !!! Mark your calendars !!!
Sept. – Dec.
Individual Kindermusik Events
with Seasonal Themes:
Sept – Hoedown Hootenanny
Oct. – Pumpkin Party
Nov. – Frolicsome Fall
Dec. – Winter Wonderland
& random days in random places.
Online registration required.
Watch for updates… and Fall-Oh Me !
NEW – Fall-Oh Me ! to BEBE FLOW in September.
Friday, Sept. 18
& every Third Friday
6 – 8 pm. (or so)
Starts simple for children.
Grows in complexity.
Connect with self & community.
Participation open to all ages.
No Charge, but donations accepted to build scholarship fund.
Jessica Fredricks facilitating !
Several families have joined us in July and August,
The beat and the vibe have been a joy.