As of July 1st of this year, I will be retiring from Kindermusik. As much as I love and believe in this musical process through Kindermusik, I am being drawn to tend to my family’s needs and move toward a different path… a new adventure.
I truly would love to make music with you again, and say goodbye personally before moving on in other directions. So I have scheduled a few individual Kindermusik Playdates in June at our UMT location, which has been graciously provided for us this month by the new tenant. The waiting room has already been converted to a school classroom, so plan for that area to not be accessible.
I will be working to create content for you again on my Music Connections website and on YouTube, so you can continue to expand using music in your daily routines and connect more closely with your children through musical rituals.
AND, I’ll be available for engaging musical entertainment for Birthday Parties and group events. And for those interested, I’ll send emails or texts with content updates.
In so many ways I’ve been fighting to keep my ability and desire make music with you alive and possible. I have kept paying all the monthly expenses (except rent) so I could return to the business of teaching Kindermusik.
Multiple times, I have written to you and created videos to tell you I’ll be teaching again. But each time I couldn’t send it to you as another life event happens to redirect my focus, time and energy. Like walls of cropping up in front of my intentions.
Not all of these “walls” were traumatic, but expected and unexpected events have resulted in the necessity for my full time attention. Here are a few, if you ever want to swap stories about your experiences in these areas.
- my dad’s brain tumor and subsequent surgery and recovery
- my mother’s Alzheimer’s decline, hospice and death,
- losing access to our location… AGAIN;
- continuing hospital and health issues with my dad;
- housing 3 extra young adults in my home through times of trauma/transition;
- mental health issues (my feelings of grief and inadequacy sent me reeling);
- increased need for my husband and son to work and live out of town a LOT;
- my daughter’s graduation from High School, applying to colleges, etc.;
- changes to policies and methods at Kindermusik International;
- my son’s upcoming wedding;
- building an apartment for my son and future wife on our property;
- and having a friend offer to build new wooden kitchen cabinets for us which instigated a full kitchen remodel… which I had to/got to design myself from scratch. As I researched, made decisions and architecturally drew these plans, it actually helped draw me out of my depression.
- and more… most still in process…
One of my favorite Garfield cartoons has Garfield asking Jon, “How big and how red does the flag have to be?” Okay, God/universe, I’m getting the message… it’s time to accept that my life priorities are changing.
My goal has always been: “Using music to help you connect with your family, and offering the process of music to support each of us as we become our best selves.” I believe parents are trying their best to nurture and guide their children and are eager to learn more to continue to adapt and improve as their children grow. I believe children are trying their best, and still have so much to learn. I KNOW learning occurs best through joyful play with people who love each other fully. I hope that message resonated with you during your time with me.
Kindermusik has been my medium for this goal during the last 20+ years. But now I seek a different capacity, one that also allows me the flexibility to create a quality work life balance with the increased needs of my family.
Music to Inspire, Connect, and add to the joy of our daily lives.
- Only in June 2022
- Register for one or more
Click on Register for Event to see all the options.
The events are not yet up on Facebook.
Only a few more Playdates will be available this June 2022. Register right away to reserve your spot in one or more of our events, and to gain immediate access to your new digital music.