Creatures in My Back Yard
This program is offered so families can participate together, whether there is one or several children (mostly ages 1 – 5 yrs.). It is a fabulous excursion into the dirt, grass, and air of a child’s back yard, and all the gooey worms, elusive butterflies, creepy bugs, beautiful birds, and, of course, pets. See my QUESTION OF THE DAY at the bottom of the page.
Come with an open mind with new ways to explore your backyard and all the creatures you may find there. Each day focuses on a different area and type of creatures found there:
- NESTING IN A TREE
- DIGGING IN THE DIRT
- FLYING TO A FLOWER
- HIDING IN THE GRASS
- SITTING ON THE PORCH
Our adventures include FIVE 60 min. classes in which we will be singing, dancing, moving, exploring instruments and props, and completing craft activities. All these camp activities are designed to nurture your child’s natural curiosity about the world around them, one that eventually draws her towards learning new words, new numbers, and new big ideas. Creative crafts add to the fun and encourage continued learning at home. We’ll have LOADS of ideas for fun at home or at the park.
The set of home materials includes a CD with ALL of the songs from class, as well as color folders with the songs and activity ideas, a stuffed bunny puppet, several crafts, and a variety of handouts full of ideas and resources to make sure the learning continues ALL summer long.
There are TWO WAYS to participate in this semester. Check out the color calendar here.
Once a week for 5 weeks:
- FRIDAYS: June 12, 19, 26, and July 17, and 24.
- 10:30, & 5:15 pm.
Every 3rd Sat. for 5 months:
- SATURDAYS: June 20, July 18, Aug. 15, Sept. 19, Oct. 17.
- 10:30 am.
Since this is a family class, I thought I might share the issue concerning fees for the siblings.
The total of $100 for the 1st child includes tuition for 5 classes and a FULL kit and all the crafts.
The tuition for an additional child between 1 – 5 years old is $40. (Call Debbie for details on other age groups or more than 3 children.) Any Sibling under 6months old is Free.
When enrolling siblings for the same class, parents can choose from the following for each sibling:
- $25 Sibling Kit: An additional set of the 5 color folder cards, a plush bunny puppet, and materials for all crafts
- $10 Sibling Kit: 2 red egg shakers and materials for all crafts
- $ 5 Sibling Kit: materials for all crafts
No materials cost for a sibling under 18 months who WON’T be participating in the craft activities. (We’ll have other activities for them.)
Enroll soon to save your place in this fun family summer camp !
- Enroll on the Music Connections Website: http://musiconnx.yourvirtuoso.com (credit card payments are accepted at this site).
- Contact Debbie for personal customer service at email@example.com or 816-8835.
- If not in Lakeland, check www.kindermusik.com to see what summer adventures are happening in YOUR neck of the woods. Most educators have their schedules listed there.
Question of the Day
What creature from the back yard most interests YOUR child?
I will list all the songs I know about that creature if you respond.
Just try to stump me !