Kindermusik Family Time
Spring Semester in Winter Haven
February 11-12 through April 2008
Family Time classes are 1 hour, once a week, for 10 weeks.
Class Times offered: Monday Nights at 6 pm. and Tues. Mornings at 10:30 am.
Bernadette Murray facilitates these fabulous family moments
Make Way For Music
In the fourth semester of Family Time, Make Way for Music, our Jelly Bean Band becomes complete, as Rex, the lion (puppets), join the parade. Families will sing, dance, and move their way through an exploration of several elements of music:
- beat and rhythm (instrument play and dancing to steady and different rhythms)
- concepts and contrasts (such as staccato and legato, high and low, the major scale, and arpeggios),
- the human voice (exploring vocal sounds, and playing with nonsense words)
- instrument families (listening, exploring sounds, & songs about instruments)
- ensemble development (explore ideas such as SOUND EFFECTS in story telling, playing the instrument at the right time in the music, etc.)
As in all the Family Time programs, families engage in developmentally appropriate activities that all ages can enjoy together, including fingerplays, songs, circle dances, story time, and family jam. The teacher provides a variety of options for children to participate in their own way, and provides developmental information for parents to understand the underlying benefits of these creative activities using music. Music is a very powerful learning tool – Come see the many ways it can enhance your family life.
one Sing, Play, & Grow home activity guide,
two children’s storybooks (Drum Circle and Animals on Parade),
a hand puppet and finger puppet of Rex (the lion member of the Jellybean Band),
and an instrument-matching board game.
Get the family band together, and Make Way for Music! Enroll NOW to save a place in this class for your family.