Music for Engaging My Young Learner
Kindermusik Level 2
- 1 1/2 to 3 1/2 year olds.
- participating with a loving adult partner
- Weekly 45 minute structured class session
- Each themed unit include music, books, instruments …
- Events offered one Saturday each month (see below)
2018 Summer Adventures Schedule, and…
2018 – 2019 Session: Aug. – May
- Tuesdays 10:30
- Wednesdays 10:30 – Mixed ages
- Thursdays 10:30
- Thursdays 6:00 – Evenings – Mixed ages
This program is right for you and your child if:
Your child is still an active mover, but also ready for a bit more structure in a group learning situation. With a favorite adult as a secure home base, play partner, and learning guide, these 2 and early 3 year olds are getting “school-ready” while exploring, engaging, developing, and connecting.
Enrollment in a Nutshell
Enrollment is just $65 a month for a session subscription, and includes 34 lessons from end of Aug through mid- May. Our curriculum includes solid Core 15 week units Fall & Spring, each of which includes music, books, instruments & more. In January, you will love our unique 4 week unit, with digital music, story and online activities.
Enroll at any time, and continued enrollment is easy through the new units, and even as your child moves along to the next age group, when they are ready for a bit more independence.
2018 SUMMER Adventures
As your child begins to gain more self-control of their body and focus with their mind, they become eager learners. It is utterly amazing to see how many new words they gain each day, as well as the new skills they seem to develop over night. As a parent, you will appreciate a chance to see how your child learns best, as we introduce new activities and concepts through multi-sensory ways, and along with other early learners in the same age and stage.
You and your emerging learner are set to discover the fascinating world around them through music, both in our structured class environment full of opportunities to get engaged and socialize, AND through continued interactions with the family and materials throughout the week.
As their inner musician blossoms, gaining understanding of concepts and developing steady beat, pitch matching, and other musical skills, so does the whole child. The ongoing process of music, over time, helps build their confidence as a capable person, improve their ability to explore and control the many ways their bodies can move, and expand their language and communication skills. Class time lets them practice and master social skills like taking turns and gently interacting with our friends.
Here in Lakeland, FL, we are offering this “mommy and me” style program once a week, although other loving adults such as dad or grandparents may be the little one’s partner in class.
Through our private Facebook GROUP, specifically created for OUR enrolled local Kindermusik families , the PARENTS are also able to connect in a more interactive way. This is our happy online space where we can share our musical journey together, sharing pictures and stories from class, and home.
Together, we become a cozy support system for each other as we face the challenges and delights of this quickly developing stage of life.
This Kindermusik Level 2 program is a wonderful place for families to experience the social world of children and adults, while children learn to participate in structured group setting. Toddlers learn to balance their need to explore their world independently, and their continued need for the close bond and security of the parent or significant partner (close relative or friend) with whom they attend. All the while learning to love music through rhymes, songs, movement, and exploratory play.
- 2 CDs of high quality music featuring a variety of voices, instruments, and styles presenting songs and chants based on the unit theme.
- 2 Children’s literature books with interesting characters, story lines, and word plays
- Home Activity Book which includes the words & melodies of the songs, as well as ideas, cut out games, and optional resources to help bring the learning home.
- A Unique Instrument – designed and made durable, specifically for young children to enjoy.
- A cool carrying container, designed around the theme of the semester or one of the characters in the book. This becomes a wonderful tool for open-ended play throughout the semester, and beyond.
Kindermusik Playdate Events for Babies
Sat. 9:30 once a month
Seasons in Florida? You and your baby will frolic through the traditional joys and celebrations of Fall, Winter, Spring and Summer as part of our Kindermusik Playdates... offered one Saturday a month. To find out more, and register for one or more of these unique events, click here.