when it is a part of daily life now.
At any age… It makes a difference.
A good beginning never ends.
Make it Musical !
My TOP 5 Gifts of Music
#1 – Kindermusik day is my favorite day of the week !
- Kindermusik in Lakeland
- Kindermusik in Winter Haven
- Kindermusik Saturdays once a month
- Kindermusik Gift Certificates,
#2 – It is so much fun to unwrap and explore new musical Instruments !
- The ONLINE Kindermusik Store has LOTS of great music, instruments, scarves, and even sets (best prices!) For babies and toddlers, I recommend the “Hide and Shake Instrument Collection” with humongous scarf, and for preschooler and older, the yellow SLIDE WHISTLE provides an amazing amount of musical exploration. Please “tell” them that Mrs. Debbie sent you by entering her educator code, #15788, at checkout.
- At Amazon.com, there is actually a category for Kindermusik Instruments – which includes many instruments that Kindermusik uses because they know they are safe. Brands we trust as safe are Hohner and Nino. I am unsure of the safety of the other brands. Best of all, this site offers “Sound Bingo” which Kindermusik developed, but no longer has in stock. This is an excellent gift for preschoolers!
- At LittleLovees online, I was pleased to find many of the baby-safe instruments we use in Kindermusik as part of adorable gift sets at reasonable prices.
- Remo drums are some of the best quality and are found many places online. Best prices I could find on the Rainbow Forest colored 10″ Floor Tom like we have in class, is at West Music and Amazon.com.
- West Music also has a great deal on the colorful scarves.
- For elementary age children who like stringed instruments, I recommend Lap Harps, as discussed in a previous article.
- Brooke Pottery – unique and tender hearted
- Traditions Unlimited – unique
- Carlton Music – in Lakeland, Winter Haven & Sebring ! Usually has the Remo drums, as well as the Boomwhackers pictured to the right – very fun !
- The Guitar Center – OK, not a small business, but the North Lakeland store has an awesome family atmosphere, and walls of percussion, and sets of drums to play ! I recommend visiting at a less crowded time with your child to let them explore to their delight.
Mrs. Debbie’s Advice: choose instruments your child can be successful with. Some melodic instruments, like a violin or guitar can end up being frustrating, and are best considered with recommendations for the right size and quality, as well as lessons from a music educator.
#3 – I LOVE hearing and learning songs about things I am interested in !!!
#4 – I think I’m READY for music lessons!
Kindermusik for the Young Child (ages 5 – 7) with Mrs. Debbie
InTune Studios offers:
- Private lessons on the piano, violin, flute, guitar, or voice
- Young Voices – unique program with group voice, acting, dance, and art
- there is an Afterschool version that can include Martial Arts !
- ART classes are also available for toddlers, preschoolers, and elementary ages
#5 – The Greatest Gift is Musical TIME with YOU and ME
I really like to hear you sing to me, teach me the songs you grew up with, tell me rhymes while I bounce on your knees, pull out the pots and pans and tell me what beautiful music I am making, help me make homemade music instruments, dance with me with music that’s got a groove, rock out with me to some of your favorite music, and rock me to sleep with the most soothing lullabies. It’s a gift you can give everyday, and it doesn’t cost a thing, except your time.
More music, please. Let’s do it Again !