As parents, we want our children to experience the many wonders that life has to offer. Through their young eyes, we get to revisit the childhood wonder of winter and the holidays that are woven within its fabric. Those of us in Lakeland, FL have to improvise a bit and be creative in making this season REAL for our children.
Our holiday celebrations can be such a wonder filled part of our culture. Yet, sometimes, it seems that the amazing season of winter, and all it’s wonders, can be overlooked. Let’s make Winter come to life for our children (in a more traditional way than our FROZEN and Grinchy counterparts) with images and songs and playful interactions. Kindermusik International is offering some wonderful music for you. And Ms Debbie is SNOW READY to facilitate a winter experience with your family. (Register soon to save your spot!) Winter images and craft ideas can add just the right amount of COOL to balance the holiday brightness.
Songs and Sounds of Winter
A Winter Experience with Your Family
“Cold winds blow, and bring us snow…” It is our own brand of snow play that is not so cold, but still a lot of fun. Explore the soft and crunchy feel of Ms. Debbie’s “Snowtime Anytime Snowballs” (yep, look ‘em up online), and see many of the ways you can make your own snow for extending the fun at home. We dim the lights for a nighttime snowfall, then rise with the lights to make snow angels, shuffle and play around in the snow, slide around with jingle bells on our “sleighs”, make snow piles on willing friends, and even use white bags to fill with snow to make… and decorate… our snowmen ! And DANCE like snowmen ! Then the snow gets cleared by our active little zambonies, and we skate around on the ice to the “Skater’s Waltz”. Take home a few “snowflakes” and a little bag of “SnoWonder” Instant Snow – for more realistic snow fun at home.
Dec. 12 – Saturday
9:30 – Babies:
10:30 – Families
At our new space: 1736 New Jersey Rd. in Lakeland
…… brrr… are you feeling cold yet?
Winter Images and Crafts
- The fun and fascination of cutting out unique 6 pointed snowflakes is engaging for parents and children 4 years old and up. Watch this video: Paper Snowflake Tutorial Personally, I remember many days of finding little pieces of paper everywhere when my son was addicted to making snowflakes.
- Science creates the wonder with these crystal covered snowflakes. Watch this video: Borax Crystal Snowflakes
- What can we use to “play in the snow”? Buy a big bag of cotton balls ! If you have an old white sheet (cotton or flannel), cut it up into 3 inch squares for a pile of snow. My favorite: white fleece. Be a part of our Winter Wonderland Playdate to play with my favorite types of “snow”, and take home so many ideas to expand your snow play.
- How can we make a snowman come to life and dance? Oooh… this one is a surprise… watch for it….
- How can we share the magic of falling snow without a mess to clean up ? Watch the video: How to make a Snow Globe